These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wanting to be a country singer...

Oh my crazy childish dreams. I wanted to badly to be a country music singer. I wrote my own songs. I have no idea where this song originated, but when I read it, I still hear it in music.

I must have been 10.

A mother told her child, who was only nine
I must leave you now, to find a life that's all mine.
I once had so many plans,
I still need them to come true.
I need to find what I want,
But remember, I still love you.

The girl looked at her mother,
said, Go make your dream come true,
With a hug she said, Be happy,
I can't wait to hear from you.

She didn't have a mother, always by her side.
She was raised by her strong father, so proud he never cried.
She just hid her sadness
Like her father taught her to do.
She said Go find your rainbow
and I'll always wait for you.

The girl had stopped hearing from her mom three years ago
The man she'd loved was long gone, cause she'd told him to go
Time came for her to go into the world
She had too many fears
She said Father I'm not going
And for the first time, one saw his tears

He said you have a future
Have dreams, and make them come true
It hurts but you need to do go
I promise I'll be here for you.

Her father let her go
She fought hard, and tried
She made him very proud of her
And he stood by her side.

No comments:

Post a Comment