These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

To Misti & Jessica

April 22, 1997
I had moved away from the town I'd grown up in in August 1996. The following spring I still missed my two best friends. There lives were heading in these new directions, and they were doing amazing things. I missed being part of it.

To Misti & Jessica
I walk down crowded halls, and yet I hear your voice.
But you're not there to talk.
I look for you at lunchtime, because I feel you there.
But you're not there to walk.
I sense somewhere you're happy.
But I can't see you laugh.
And I can't be there when you cry.
I feel you're reaching the unreachable dream.
And I'm not there to help you try. 
You're changing, and you've had many firsts I'm sure.
But I'm not there, to be proud of you.
When you're mad, or fighting, I'm glad you still hang on.
But I'm not there to see you through.
Life goes on, you grow, learn and love.
But I can't see it with my eyes.
New things are happening.
Your dreams are being fulfilled.
But I'm not there to watch your sun rise.
I do still watch, and listen.
I've never stopped to care.
You're still part of my thoughts.
Even when I can't be there.
I'm sorry I left you behind.
I hope you know its not by choice.
So when I'm walking in a crowded hall.
I'll always here your voice.
It may be through my soul, but I'll listen for your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment