These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Be Silent

Oh the pathetic ramblings of a 16 year old...

Be Silent
Just put your arms around me and be silent. 
Let me hang on to you, and don't let me fall.
For fear, and grief and guilt rip my soul.
And I'd like to feel safe from it all.

Just put your arms around me and be silent. 
For I want to be held down if I fly.
My joy at the moment is greater than any.
Don't my let my heart leave; it may try.

Just put your arm around me and be silent.
Let me cry and shake and show you all my tears.
And let every pain I hide inside come out.
And squeeze out of my all my frears.

Just put your arms around me and be silent.
Let me smile and look into my eye.
Then I can give you everything inside me.
And, silently, that short moment can pass by.

No comments:

Post a Comment