These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Children

In 8th grade, I spent a large amount of time babysitting the kids that lived in the house behind me. I really enjoyed it, and just had so much fun playing. I was still a kid myself, but I hadn't "played" in years. Children inspired me. It is funny- just yesterday I got a fortune in a fortune cookie that said, Children will be an important part of your future. 

Um... how about an important part of my entire life?

Children
In the heart of one who's seen hurt and crime,
and who's grown old with years,
lives darkness and hate, and a soul, weakened
by mortal fears.
They are afraid of the new and to try; convinced
they won't go very far.
They are afraid of falling, or failing, or of
reaching for that star.
But also inside their heart,
full of gloom and gray,
Lives and innocent little child,
who used to come out and play.
We can learn so much from children,
no matter how dark it may seem.
Children are the strongest and bravest of all.
Children aren't afraid to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment