These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tired

By the time I wrote this poem, I had two guaranteed full scholarships to school. I was president of three clubs, a state officer, serving on a national team, active member of five other clubs, a full time college and high school student, and pulling a 4.0 gpa.  

I had been doing this for years. And, I was tired. I was tired of my whole life being about my future. Now that my future was right there, I just wanted a break.

January 13, 2000   12th grade, age 17.

Tired
I know what I want but it's not what I need.
                                  And I'm sorry I can't have all.
      I'm know what I should do but it's not what I can.
And I'm sorry I'm afraid to fall.
                                        I wish that I was strong, but I accept that I am weak.
                         I'm sorry I'm too tired to try.
I have my secret dreams but I don't have a goal.
                                               I'm sorry I don't want to fly.
               I know I could have more, but I don't want to take.
        I'm happy to just be alive.
                                  I know there's treasure out there but I don't want to fight.
I'm happy to just survive.
                         I've kept up a sweet smile and I've helped when I could.
     There's nothing more I can give.
                                      I've got plenty of things- I don't want anymore.
                                                                            I just want time to live.
             I know what I should say, but I don't know how.
I don't have time to take a class.
                      So I'll say it simple, and leave you soon:
If  you don't like me: kiss my ass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment