These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rainbows

This is the note I wrote on this poem, April 29, 1996.  I was in 8th grade, and 13.

To everyone who ever hurt inside. Cloudy skies aren't the end of the world, for there will always be a break, a sun, a rainbow. If you look hard and long enough...

This is the note I added in August, 1999. I was in 12th grade, age 17.


Thanks to JSL, JC, CS, LP, CS, OC, JR, CL, MS, HT, JW, JP, SE, BP, AC, LR, DS, MP, BH, RJ, CS, JP, BB, AP, SE, TG, JV, and JJ.  The pain you caused my friends and me was bearable, and we moved on. Thank you for not only breaking our hearts, but for letting us see the strength we hold inside. Without you, we would have missed much of the rain, but we also would have missed all the beautiful rainbows. It is my sincere wish for all of you... I hope you see many rainbows in the future.  Jamie

Rainbows
Ignore all the hurt, Forget all the pain. Look for the sunshine
Through all the rain. It may be dark,
But look for the light. Keep trying and someday
You'll sky will be bright.
Keep fighting and working, Keep moving on.
Don't look behind you,
Keep looking beyond.
Keep striving and reaching
For that one sunlit ray.
Keep smiling and you'll see
Your rainbow someday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment