These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Greatest Strength

My Greatest Strength- June 28, 1999 - age 17
You always make me cry, and I worry about all you say.
I fret for hours when we fight; I need to see you each day.
You're the one who broke me. Here I thought I was so strong.
I figured you to be my weakness... but I've learned I'm wrong.
You never broke my spirit, yet I am on my knees.
I'm stronger now than ever, yet I still beg you please.
No, this you may no comprehend, and you may not understand.
You were the one to push me down, yet you helped me stand.
You captured my heart, and now my soul flies free.
I gladly return though, and once again let you hold me.
For the hardest thing I'd ever face, you forced onto me.
I could never trust, believe or love, but you pounded them into me.
I found it hard to depend on you, so you left me with no choice.
I spoke with my mind, not my heart, so you took away my voice.
I'd decided to never love, so you removed my heart's wall.
And when I wouldn't take your hand,
You took mine whenever I would fall.
My greatest fear was yet to come, and you stayed till I finally could.
You forced me to act on how I felt,
Not letting me think about if I should.
To help me conquer my fears, you went to the greatest length.
So you are not my weakness. 
You are my greatest strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment