These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Amazing

This is my poem about the first few months of college.
September 26, 2000   age 18

Amazing
Amazing is the future.
             Bright is the day ahead.
     Only I know all it holds... so it must not be said.

Hope and strength and laughter
                              As far as I can see.
        And beauty and friendship?   All held inside of me.

                        I know everything inside me.
Though it's not exactly clear.
             My potential is great.            I have a purpose here.

      My energy is building, caring grows in my each day.
                     I have the strength to change things.
The will to lead the way.

                                          A smile crosses my face.
                                                   As I think of all I'll do.
When I finally set the plan.
and expertly see it through.

              As of now I am looking...
                      the moment must be right.
And I'll attack the issue.     
I'll give the hate a fight.
                     
                                            I can feel the power in me.
                                                          I'll set the other hearts ablazin'.
            I may not show it now.
But, someday, I'll be amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment