These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Thank You

I wrote this when I realized I was a better person because of the pain other people had caused me.
October 18, 2006

Thank You
To those that laughed at me
--It made me kinder to others.

To those who doubted me.
--It helped me persist to success.

To those who called me stupid.
--You showed me how smart I can be.

To those who called me ugly.
--It revealed the beauty I really have.

To those that made me cry.
--You showed me how to love

To those that persisted in abusing me.
--It made me determined to beat you.

To those that betrayed me.
--You showed me I can forgive.

To those who tried to hurt me.
--You gave me faith that I will heal.

To those that used my innocence .
--It made me more aware

To the few that broke my heart.
--It made me grateful for those who didn't.

To everyone who wanted to keep me down.
I thank you.
Because of you, I know I have the strength to get back up.
Because of you... I always do.

Thank you-
JC, CS, SL, AW, MR, AJ, JW, AP, BP, SE, JL, RS, JJ, JI, SE, CJK
I am me because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment