These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Class of 2000, 7/8

In 8th grade, we had two English classes. We were Bennett's 7th/8th period. It was an amazing class that not only made my year great, but influences who I want to be as a teacher now. I was challenged and I had fun. We were all friends and comfortable with each other. I still remember assignments that I did (including this poem) but I also remember the moments I had with my friends there.

This poem is dumb, but it is a memory that honestly helped shape me into the teacher I am today.

The last class of the day,
Class of 2000, 7 dash 8.
We'll start in the corner with Cody.
Thinking and working and talking to Tyler
Tyler, now he talks a lot too, to Cody and Carly.
Carly, like Cody, can think and talk
At the same time.
Julie, sits quiet and thinking.
Justin sits in front of Julie.
Maybe she's thinking of him.
Back to Justin.
He works and talks to people, and to himself.
Bethany talks to her friends, who she fights with a lot.
Tasha and Lori, Bethany's friends, think and talk too
The problem?
They only think of boys, the make-up of boys, and did I mention boys?
Luke, well, he's Luke
Off by himself,
with a though,
well, sometimes.
Richard, by Luke, like Luke.
He's also in a world of his own.
Maybe they should talk.
No, they shouldn't.
Then there's Crystal, talking with Katrina
who's talking to Mrs. long, who's helping Crystal
Constantly.
Courtney, talking to Maricel, and Mrs. Long sits by Crystal.
Crystal sits near Roger.
Roger talks to everyone, and he raps stories.
Karly and Natalie talk to Roger, and Carly, and Tyler, and Brianna
Now, Brianna, she's talkative to
Chisolm and Aaron, the aids.
The aids, yelling at Jonathan, talk to Brianna.
Jonathan walks around, in his own world, talking to everyone, and no one.
TJ talks to Joseph, who talks to Justin, who talks to Cody, who sits in the corner
Thinking.


Holy crap the memories typing this brought up to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment