These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

To BP

September 27, 1998

My parents told me I was never allowed to see or speak to a certain boy. I didn't understand the reasoning. I didn't agree. But most of all, I missed my friend. He had become my best friend, and there was a hole left without him. It is important to know that when I wrote this poem, I wasn't in love with him. I just loved my best friend.

I won't know your pain.
I won't know your sorrow.
I won't see your happiness and I won't see your tomorrow.

I won't see you reach for your star,
but I'll be proud of you.
And when you find your dream.
I still hop it comes true.

When you are the best you'll be, I will never know.
But in my heart, I'll still love you so.

You may move on in life.
I hope you go for far.
I'll always think of you, but I'll never know where you are.

I'm afraid you might be scared and I won't be there for you.
So I pray God gives you strength and watches over you.

Please God... protect him.

No comments:

Post a Comment