These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Questions

December 27, 1998
I missed the boy I wasn't allowed to see. I had seen him the night before this was written, but only for a quick moment across the room. I spent the night flirting with another boy (his best friend... long story). I had so much fun with my friends. But, the next night, this is the poem that was written. I hadn't spoken to him for months.  11th grade, age 16

Questions
Will it never go away? The pain?
Will I never clear my mind? Of memories?
Shall I go through life, wondering? Of you?
Or will I someday forget? Your face?
Do I want to leave you? Behind me?
Do I need to carry on? Without you?
Will I learn to love? Someone else?
Or will my heart stay empty? Forever?
Will my eyes always fill with tears? When I see you?
Shall I always think of you? And scream?
Will I be filled with fear? Each day?
Will I ever know peace? Again?
Are you waiting for me? Somewhere?
Do I ever cross your mind? At all?
Did you really love me? Or not?
Was it love I felt for you? Or not?
Will the worry go away? For you? 
Could I lose the hope I have? For you?
Should I ever give up? Finding you?
Will I ever get an answer? For me?

No comments:

Post a Comment