These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Simple Thoughts

8th Grade: I was 13, and "growing up." This was myself at 13, looking back.  I laugh that I thought my life was difficult in 8th grade!!!

Simple Thoughts
Once I understood alligators in the sky
Once I understood you had to be hurt if you wanted to cry
Once I understood the sun went to sleep at night
Once I understood the world could never fight
Once I understood the leopard painted on his spots
Once I understood stripes went with poka-dots
Once I understood about gold at the end of the rainbow
Once I understood angels made the snow
Once I understood monsters under my bed
Once I understood people went on trips when they were dead
Once I understood a dollar made me rich
Once I understood the lady next door was a witch
Once I understood a stranger could not be a friend
Once I understood my life would never end
My life was once so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment