These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Peace

I moved out in August of 2000, and this is the poem I wrote as I waited for college to start. I was so happy to be starting this new adventure.

August 24, 2000  age 18

Peace
At night I see the darkness but I know only the light,
the peace, the calm, the simpleness, the good, the strong, the right.
And though I sit by myself I feel I'm not alone-
With God, family, friends, and with memories of home.
His voice has never declared it but I still know about his car,
his love for me, his admiration, I constantly feel it's there.
Though I rarely see and tough her the bond we have is tight,
shared with our eyes, our smile, and willing to withstand the fight.
I can't speak of the way I feel but yet my heart is heard
through actions, gifts, kindness- never through spoken word.
I don't know how I know but my thoughts are at rst.
I feel peace, content, and beauty and know love's at its best.
So in the darkness of night I feel a soul's release.
Wind picks up hurt and fear and souls find silent peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment