These are the poems that were written in moments that mattered.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Trapped

May 26, 2001- written in my mind on the way to Idaho for Memorial Day. I knew it was time to take a break from Andy, but didn't quite know how to explain it. We broke up a few weeks later, June 16 to be exact. He wanted so many things in life that I couldn't give him at the time.

Trapped
I hate being someone that you need.
Never let me be someone you can't live without.
It's so plain to see I'm only an addiction.
And with those, eventually you'll have to get out.

Let me be the friend you want to walk beside,
I'd love to be the friend you want to come and cry to.
When your world's at its end, I want to be who you call.
And when you rise again, will I be who you talk to?

It's hard knowing I'm just the best choice you've found.
It's tough being simply better than the rest.
Don't you see? You're selling yourself out.
Though you've chosen me, you haven't chosen the best.

I want to be the one you think about each morning.
Be with the one who you want to really care.
When your work is done, who do you want waiting?
When  you're having fun, am I who you want there?

I know I don't need you but I still want you with me.
It's easy to be with out you but I wouldn't want it that way.
When I'm feeling blue, I want you to hold me.
Alone, I can make it through, but will you stay anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment